The next Democratic primary debate is slated to take place on October 15, 2019. However, since eleven Democrats have qualified for the next debate already, it may become a two night event. In this article, I’ll tell you about which Democrats have qualified for the next debate.
List Of Democrats Who Have Qualified For The Next Debate
- Former Vice President Joe Biden
- New Jersey Senator Cory Booker
- Former Mayor Pete Buttigieg
- Former HUD Secretary Julián Castro
- California Senator Kamala Harris
- Minnesota Senator Amy Klobuchar
- Former Texas Representative Beto O’Rourke
- Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders
- Billionaire Tom Steyer
- Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren
- Businessman Andrew Yang
Additionally, two candidates have already reached the donor threshold, but haven’t reached the polling threshold (at least 2% in four DNC-approved polls).
Those candidates are Hawaii Representative Tulsi Gabbard (two qualifying polls) and Author Marianne Williamson.
No other candidate has reached the fundraising or polling qualification threshold. If they can’t qualify for the October debate, expect many candidates to drop out. It’s likely that the qualification standards will get tougher following the next debate.
The debates haven’t had a significant impact on the polling, except for a short-term bump for Kamala Harris. She quickly lost that bump following the second debate, and her campaign hasn’t recovered since.
Do you think Tulsi Gabbard will qualify for the next debate? Comment below and let me know!